FIRST IMPRESSIONS on the Pixi Glow Peel Pads



If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I went to the Pixi store this morning as I was really curious about their new skincare line, wanting to try the whole range but having so many skincare products to trial now, I made up in my mind I would only leave that store with ONE product. I ended up buying 2, but one was a lipstick so it doesn't really matter :p 

When I first saw the Glow Peel Pads I sort of looked aside because I'm not really a great fan of the Glow Tonic, simply because my skin is really lazy when it comes to cell turnover and I though the Glow Tonic was just really weak and didn't do anything for me, even using it twice a day, every-single-day until I finished it. 

BUT on a second look and after deciding I was bringing the Nourishing Cleansing Balm, I realized the Glow Peel Pads had 20% Glycolic Acid instead of the 5% on the Glow Tonic, meaning this is a proper peel, almost like the ones you would get with a doctor that usually start at 30%. These pads also don't have a neutralizing agent as the tonic does, meaning you have to wash it off to neutralize the peeling effect, I asked the lovely lady at the store what would happen if I left it overnight and she gave me THE LOOK and said in a very serious tone "You don't want to do that" and I thought to myself this is exactly the product I need!!

Pixi advises to swipe the pads and leave the product for 2-3 minutes, I left it for 10, because my skin is very thick and usually reacts very well to acids. I definitely felt quite a lot of tingling, nothing I couldn't tolerate tough, but I didn't have bad reaction whatsoever, no redness, no sensitivity, no burning, I just felt a really hot sensation, which was a bit weird as I didn't get any redness but it did disappear after I splashed my face a couple of times with cold water. 

I did wait 1-2 minutes after rising it before carrying on with my routing just to test out the dryness and my skin did start to pull a bit after the 2 minutes but nothing major and I didn't feel dry or stripped at all (this contain no alcohol). I piled on the DHC Resvetrol Essence, the Etat Pur Hyaluronic Acid and the Lierac Moisturizing Rich Mask afterwards to compensate for this intense peeling and now after a couple of hours my skin is definitely smoother and brighter and really plumped so overall I'm very impressed with these but of course I need to give them a full test run and will definitely keep you updated.

I know they are quite new but have you tried these Glow Pads? Please share your thoughts xx Vanessa 



Se me seguem no Instagram, provavelmente viram que hoje fui a loja da Pixi pois estava bastante curiosa com a nova linha de produtos de rosto que eles lançaram recentemente mas tenho tantos produtos para usar de momento que decidi que ia comprar só um produto. Acabei por comprar 2 mas um deles foi um batom por isso não importa :p 

Quando vi estes Glow Peel Pads pela primeira vez não liguei assim muito porque não sou grande fã do Glow Tonic. A minha pele é muito preguiçosa em termos de renovação celular e precisa de muita ajuda e o tónico é bastante fraco e não fez absolutamente nada pela minha pele, mesmo usando 2x por dia, todos os dias até o ter terminado. 

Depois de me ter decidido em trazer o Nourishing Cleansing Balm, olhei novamente para estes pads e percebi que estes tinham 20% de ácido glicólico em vez dos 5% presentes no tónico, o que é uma dose bastante alta, tendo em conta que os peelings que fazem em clinica começam normalmente nos 30%. Estes discos não contêm ainda nenhum agente neutralizante, o que faz deles bastante potentes e temos de passar por água para neutralizar o efeito peeling. Eu perguntei à senhora da loja o que acontecia se eu deixasse no rosto a noite toda e ela olhou para mim muito séria e disse que eu não queria de todo fazer isso. 

A marca aconselha a deixar o produto actuar durante 2-3 minutos antes de passar a cara por água, claro que sendo eu, tinha que deixar 10 minutos, pois tenho a pele bastante espessa e muito tolerante a ácidos. Senti sem dúvida um formigueiro bastante intenso na pele mas nada de drástico. Não senti a pele a queimar, não fiquei vermelha nem com a pele sensivel, quase nos 10 minutos senti a pele um bocado quente mas a sensação passou assim que passei a cara por água fria. 

Depois de retirar o produto esperei 2 minutos antes de continuar com a minha rotina só para ver se a pele repuxava muito ou ficava muito seca, repuxou um pouco passado um bocado mas não ficou com aquele aspecto de pele super seca, quase como uma uva passa como por exemplo alguns cleansers deixam. Continuei a minha rotina com a Resvetraol Essence da DHC, o Ácido Hialurónico da Etat Pur e a Máscara Hidratante de Conforto da Lierac e sinto definitivamente a pele bastante mais suave e radiante e super luminosa e repulpada. No geral fiquei com uma boa primeira impressão deste produto mas é óbvio que preciso de o testar melhor vou-vos mantendo informados. 

Podem ler mais sobre estes discos aqui: http://fave.co/1OdgoqC

Eu sei que este é um produto relativamente novo e ainda só se vende no UK mas já alguém experimentou? xx Vanessa 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Vanessa Almeida. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOG DESIGNS BY pipdig